Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Paid Vacation

From now until Jan. 29, I'm getting paid to sit around at home. Not that I'm complaining. One beneficiary of this new arrangement is Lily, our sweet but brain-damaged Maltipoo. (Actually, she's not totally stupid... when it comes to devising ways to scrounge food from family members, she's a genius.)
Now, since I'm home during the day, I no longer have the guilt of putting her into her cage for a few hours between the time I leave for work and when the kids get home from school. Now, instead of her laying around in the cage all morning, she can now lay around outside the cage all morning!
I do make sure to take her for a morning walk, which is actually nice (and will become more so as the weather warms). I figure I should be nice to her. Evolution being what it is, her descendents could morph into towering intelligent carnivores called Megapoos which will usurp primates as the dominant lifeforms on the planet. Hopefully, if I'm nice to Lily, her descendants will be nice to my descendants and let them live. A long shot, I admit, but one can never be too careful.

In other news, I did some cooking today. Baked ravioli. Leanne seemed genuinely pleased to come home to the smell of a home-cooked meal. Somehow, I even managed to do a good job of it. Perhaps I'll survive unemployment after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment