Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crap.

I made no secret of the fact that I didn't care much for President GW Bush. In fact, about the only thing he proposed that I liked was Project Constellation: the NASA program to return to the moon and possibly, one day, to Mars.
Now, however, there are reports that President Obama is ending Project Constellation.
That sucks.
I had so been looking forward to the return of humanity to the moon and beyond and I had been following every development in the Ares program that was to have been the next step in that process.
I'm sure it will happen eventually and I plan to follow it... but if I want to keep track of the transmissions between these new moonwalkers and the Earth, I will likely need to learn Chinese.
Whatever happened to the daring vision of Kennedy and LBJ? It seems nowadays whenever a Democrat gets into office they soon turn into "Republican-lite". We have billions with which to bail out Wall Street, but nothing for bold exploration of worlds beyond out own.
America is turning into a second-rate nation. Some people don't like to hear that, but "facts is facts".
I'm afraid Obama's decision is short-sighted and part of the "legumocracy" that is taking control of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment