Saturday, September 5, 2009

They Didn't Understand Andy Kaufman, Either


Today was fun.


It was my sister-in-law's birthday. Per the typical social convention, we got her a card.


And per my usual modus operandi (that's Latin for "the way I roll") I proceeded to put something on the outside of the envelope that would reflect my - uh - to put in charitably - "unconventional" sense of humor.


This time, my darling yet similarly warped daughter was nearby willing to help. Between the two of us, we produced what we knew instinctively was a masterpiece!


You can imagine my pride when, looking at the finished product, she proclaimed "This is the best envelope EVER!!!" That's my girl!


Sadly, though, it seems we were the only ones tuned into the appropriate mental wavelength to get the cosmic, transcendant overtones of this work of comic greatness. Nobody else shared our enthusiasm.


Oh well, for what it's worth, the envelope in all its greatness is posted above. (Click to embiggen.) Maybe some enlightened soul out there will understand...



No comments:

Post a Comment