Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An Observation

Perhaps it's just me, but I seem to have noticed something interesting. I occasionally have to pick up my son from High School after some extracurricular activity. I make sure to park in the proper area for pick up. I have noticed, though, that a number of people have a habit of parking in spots reserved for handicapped people while waiting to pick up their offspring. These people have neither a license or tag authorizing them to park in a spot reserved for handicapped persons.

Okay, that in itself is nothing extraordinary. There will always be jerks who flaunt the rules which are intended to help others. The observation I have made, however, is that nearly without exception the vehicles that plop themselves in the handicapped parking spots are either large SUVs or newer model luxury automobiles. I have seldom if ever seen a decade-old Chevy using these parking spaces without the proper authorization.

Am I just the victim of a biased viewpoint based on an insufficient sample size, or has anyone else out there noticed this? Just wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment